The Fourth Symposium on Polar Science
Symposium has been closed.
"The Fourth Symposium on Polar Science" will be held at the National Institute of Polar Research (NIPR), Tokyo, Japan, from 12-15 November, 2013. NIPR is organising this annual symposium to lead and promote a wide variety of polar scientific research and interdisciplinary studies. The symposium includes a one-day long special session and three days of parallel sessions. The special session this year is entitled: 'Future prospects of Antarctic research: towards phase IX of the Japanese Antarctic Research Project (2016-2022)'. The parallel sessions consist of ordinary sessions and interdisciplinary sessions, listed below. We look forward to your active participation.
The symposium will be held at National Institute of Polar Research (NIPR) and National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics (NINJAL) located adjacent to NIPR.
Address of National Institute of Polar Research: 10-3 Midori-cho, Tachikawa, Tokyo, Japan
Access map here.
12-15 November, 2013
Outline of the sessions
- [S] 'Future prospects of Antarctic research: towards phase IX of the Japanese Antarctic Research Project (2016-2022) '
- [IA] "Rapid Change of the Arctic Climate System and its Global Influences"
New research results from the GRENE Arctic Climate Change Research Project, 2013
- [IC] Past environmental changes and mechanisms from polar ice cores, geomorphological/geological data and climate modeling
- [IM] Middle atmosphere and thermosphere
- [IP] Interdisciplinary physical phenomena within the multiple spheres in polar region
- [OS] Space and Upper Atmospheric Sciences
- [OM] Polar Meteorology and Glaciology
- [OG] Polar Geosciences
- [OB] Polar Biology
- [OA] Antarctic Meteorites
|Eve||IA & IC Joint Party||OB Party|
|Eve||OS & IM Joint Party||(OM Party)||OG & OA Joint Party|
- Symposium Banquet:
On the evening of 13 November NIPR will host an informal buffet-style banquet at a hotel near to Tachikawa station. All symposium participants are welcome to attend.
Details including entrance fee for the banquet, access map, bus service are described here.
- Session parties:
On the evenings of 12th and 14th, some session conveners will host small, informal buffet-style parties with drinks and some food after the afternoon session.
Details including entrance fee for each party are described here.
Deadline for registration and abstract submission: 13th September, 2013
- extended to 12:00 JST on 17th September, 2013 (JST = UTC + 9 hours, i.e., it is 03:00 UT on 17th September.)
Akira Sessai Yukimatu
Tel: +81-42-512-0613, Fax: +81-42-528-3146
National Institute of Polar Research
10-3 Midori-cho, Tachikawa, Tokyo 190-8518, Japan